Generic Memory sensor

Everything about the external control of the Android version of all4hue.
Alles über die externe Steuerung der Android Version of all4hue.
robertwakefield

Generic Memory sensor

Post by robertwakefield » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:56 pm

Is there an intent that can be sent by tasker to change a natural number generic memory sensor.

ReneWahl
Site Admin

Re: Generic Memory sensor

Post by ReneWahl » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:33 pm

Thank you for this request.

Yes, I updated the app today to make this possible. There is a BETA release available, it is called V9.1. With the following link you can download it before it will officially be released:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/de ... hl.all4hue

Please read my post "Control all4hue by other apps" to find out how a value can be written to a memory sensor.

Let me know if it works fine.

BR
Rene
all4hue Developer / Entwickler

robertwakefield

Post by robertwakefield » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:03 am

Thank you, its working great.

sburke781

Post by sburke781 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:46 am

Hi,

I have been trying to update generic memory sensors using tasker and cannot get it to work. I was able to activate scenes successfully using tasker, but cannot update a sensor. I have installed the beta version of all4hue and can see the mention of this new function in the release notes in the app. Does anyone have any suggestoin?

Thanks,
Simon

ReneWahl
Site Admin

Post by ReneWahl » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:25 am

Hi,

can you check if you used the correct command (memory sensor for numbers vs. memory sensor for boolean flags)? Can you also check if the sensor id is really correct?

In the other thread I posted a link to a small test app which can be used for testing. Have you tested it with this app? Just to see if the problem is located in Tasker or not..

BR
Rene
all4hue Developer / Entwickler

sburke781

Post by sburke781 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:48 am

Thanks for the tips Rene. I was confident I had the right action, sensor id. I have now installed the test app you mentioned and was able to successfully update a number sensor, so the issue must be in the interaction with tasker. I'll keep looking into it.

Thanks,
Simon

sburke781

Post by sburke781 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:43 am

I wasn't able to get this to work in Tasker, but was successful with the app MacroDroid. I did notice Tasker had a single line per "extra" option when configuring the intent, whereas the test app and MacroDroid both split this into separate parameter name and value fields.

This was the only thing I was looking doing with Tasker, so am not that bothered by having to use MacroDroid. I can now incorporate updates to these variables into routines outside of all4hue, so am happy with the new features in the beta.

Thanks,
Simon

robertwakefield

Post by robertwakefield » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:26 am

Sorry should have said I can't get it to work with the send intent from tasker I have to use the tasker plugin IntentTask.