Restart

Guidances to solve typical issues.
Anleitungen, um typische Fragestellungen zu lösen.
Philipg19

Restart

Post by Philipg19 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:50 pm

Hello, I've been using the All4Hue App for several months but unfortunately I suffered a stroke last year which has caused me many problems as my memory is damaged and I find it impossible to concentrate. Can somebody please help me.

I need information as follows:

1. One of my lamps which was under control of this app but it has "disappeared". I need to know how to re-install the light so I can control it with the All4Hue app again.

2. I have a motion sensor which turns a Hue light on for a few minutes but this has stopped working. Can somebody tell me how to get it working again please.

I have tried to work through the "Help" section in the app but it gives me a severe headache and I am unable to concentrate long enough to find the information I need. Please understand that I am not a very technical person.

Many thanks for any help I receive.

Phil

ReneWahl
Site Admin

Re: Restart

Post by ReneWahl » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:36 pm

Hi Phil,

1. The app does not remove lamps by itself. There must be another reason for disappearing. In order to connect the lamp again to the hue bridge, please make a factory reset for the corresponding lamp (process depends on lamp type - maybe Google can help) and go in "all4hue" into the section "Lights" and select "Search for new lights" in the main menu. Then the lamp should be found again.

2. Are the rules for this motion sensor still available? Please go into the section "Accessories", select the motion sensor and choose "Show rules for sensor". Can you see any rules there? Are the rules enabled (shown in green color)?

BR
Rene
all4hue Developer / Entwickler