Newby Help With Rule Editing

Guidances to solve typical issues.
Anleitungen, um typische Fragestellungen zu lösen.
badelman

Newby Help With Rule Editing

Post by badelman » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:40 pm

Hello All!

In using the wizard to configure the dimmer remote… I’ve selected several scenes and can press the ON button to cycle through many scenes with success. However I’d like to be able to have the scenes restart at scene 1 each time I want to change the scene because the way it is now I never know what scene will start first. How can I do this?? My wife gets very annoyed with this! Lol!

I've since received a hint via Rene that a potential solution is to reset a virtual memory sensor index to 0 each time after a scene is selected with the dimmer button. And possibly use a timer. The timer should could be activated by each rule of the dimmer and reset the above mentioned index to 0 after e.g. 10 seconds??

However, I am currently lost at this point although I know how to get to the rules section!

The rules section shows four items for the hue dimmer. I assume these were created by me from the wizard and they are as follows:
• Great room dimmer scene 1 // 3 condition(s) 2 action(s)
• Great room dimmer scene 2 // 3 condition(s) 2 action(s)
• Great room dimmer scene 3 // 3 condition(s) 2 action(s)
• Great room dimmer scene 4 // 3 condition(s) 2 action(s)

1. If I drill down into any of these how am I to tell which personal scene is attached to choose the one to be in first position? I am assuming one of the entries above is where I would add a timer to reset to 0

2. How do a change the order in which the scenes rotate through to my liking?

Thank you for your help!

MarcusZ.

Re: Newby Help With Rule Editing

Post by MarcusZ. » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:22 pm

Hi,
it is basically quite easy:
1.1 Identify the memory sensor which is used in those 4 rules (by its name)
1.2 Create a timer, which sets the value of this sensor to 0 after 10 seconds
1.3 Create a new rule. Have the button which is used to cycle the scenes as condition (either push/tap or short release; both are fine, but I don't know the exact english wording here), and start the timer which you created before as rule action.

One hint: Name the items you create with all 4 hue in a self-explanatory way, as this makes things much easier. I use either a short prefix for the room it belongs to and label, or a unique name in the household.

For your second question: you cannot change the order via drag & drop or such. You have to modify the selected scene in each of the 4 rules to be in order as you like. The rule with "scene 1" in the name comes first, and should activate the scene you selected as first one in the wizard.

I hope that will be good to push the WAF to the right direction. :-)

Kind regards,
Marcus

P.S.: It would also be possible to delete the 4 created rules and the 1 memory sensor (make sure to delete the correct one in that case), and start from scratch with the wizard.
Or you could modify the values of the memory sensor in each rules condition and action, and adapt the rules names. But you should not try that before actually understanding what is going on in these rules. If you can spare some time later for the fun of it, visualize it on paper, in a (what a programmer would call) state diagram. This can help a lot with understanding and modifying rules, without getting confused or stuck in the middle of it.
2x Bridge V2 (+deCONZ/HA-Bridge)
Hue Go (+BT), Lightstrip (in/out), Play, Bloom; E14+E27 Bulb; Iris, Aura.
Motion sensor (in/out), Dimmer (old/new), Smart Button, Tap Dial.

P.S.: Ich bin *kein* Entwickler von all 4 hue, aber Hue Poweruser!