Renamed dimmer switch in Hue app, rules gone in All4Hue

A place to discuss everything about all4hue.
Ein Ort um alles Mögliche über all4hue zu diskutieren.
ChrisFloof

Renamed dimmer switch in Hue app, rules gone in All4Hue

Post by ChrisFloof » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:55 am

Hello.

I don't know what subforum this would fit in so I hope the question and discussion forum is okay.

I renamed one of my Hue Dimmer Switches in the official Hue app and all the rules I made in All4Hue associated with the switch disappeared.
I checked the bridge with WinHue as well and the rules I had for the switch are gone.
Is this a bug with All4Hue or could it be the bridge itself that has deleted the rules?

ReneWahl
Site Admin

Re: Renamed dimmer switch in Hue app, rules gone in All4Hue

Post by ReneWahl » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:28 am

Hello,

All resources in the hue bridge are identified by their unique identifiers, not by their names. You can show the unique identifier of each resource with the context menu of the corresponding resource in all4hue. If you change the name of a light, group or sensor, this does not have any influence on the unique identifiers and on the corresponding rules, where the resource is used.

If there was a strange behavior in your case, I am sure the problem is located in the official hue app (which you used to rename the sensor) or in the hue bridge, but not in all4hue. all4hue does not remove any rules without the user initiating this command!

You can verify it: Just rename a sensor with all4hue and you will see that everything is still working fine.

I hope this helps.

BR
Rene
all4hue Developer / Entwickler