Save the scene after changing via Google home

A place to discuss everything about all4hue.
Ein Ort um alles Mögliche über all4hue zu diskutieren.
AdrianWójcik

Save the scene after changing via Google home

Post by AdrianWójcik » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:40 pm

Hello,
how to save the current status of the lights after changing it from another source?

I trying to implement:
If I have daylight switched on with motion sensor and changes color with Google home, I want the next motion sensor detect presence to trigger scene with color set with GH. I need to update the triggered scene after changing the status of the light bulbs. How to do it?

help ;)

MarcusZ.

Re: Save the scene after changing via Google home

Post by MarcusZ. » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:46 pm

Hello,

your question may be not specific or clear enough (only the next time?) in detail to answer it correctly, so here is just one basic idea:

Would it be suitable to have the motion sensor just turn on (and off) the light? The last on state will then still be valid (unless changed otherwise, or other evil things happen, depending on the way your other means of hue control do its work).

The problem is, you could only detect a change from off to on, and vice versa, using state of a group.
As far as I know, unless not added recently, the bridge does not offer any way to detect a change of color as such. This would only be possible if the change was triggered "smarter" than the regular voice assistant, like using hue hardware, or if a companion sensor gets updated at the status change. Only then you have a chance to update the scene using a rule.

If I got you wrong, and your use case is more or less completely different, please add some more information to reconsider.

Regards,
Marcus
2x Bridge V2 (+deCONZ/HA-Bridge)
Hue Go (+BT), Lightstrip (in/out), Play, Bloom; E14+E27 Bulb; Iris, Aura.
Motion sensor (in/out), Dimmer (old/new), Smart Button, Tap Dial.

P.S.: Ich bin *kein* Entwickler von all 4 hue, aber Hue Poweruser!

AdrianWójcik

Post by AdrianWójcik » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:09 pm

Motion sensor turns the lights on. When the lights are on, I change the color via GH. Next detection of presence turns the lights on or maintains it with the color I've chosen by voice.

How to do that?

MarcusZ.

Post by MarcusZ. » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:36 pm

AdrianWójcik wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:09 pm Motion sensor turns the lights on. When the lights are on, I change the color via GH. Next detection of presence turns the lights on or maintains it with the color I've chosen by voice.

How to do that?
As there is not really any more information in that saying, I cannot add more than: have you already tried what I suggested before, and if so, what about it is not working as you require?

Do you already have working motion sensor rules? Did you create those with the original app (and understand what they do) or from scratch using all 4 hue? Sorry, but without knowing where you struggle, it's hard to help in a meaningful way.

Regards,
Marcus
2x Bridge V2 (+deCONZ/HA-Bridge)
Hue Go (+BT), Lightstrip (in/out), Play, Bloom; E14+E27 Bulb; Iris, Aura.
Motion sensor (in/out), Dimmer (old/new), Smart Button, Tap Dial.

P.S.: Ich bin *kein* Entwickler von all 4 hue, aber Hue Poweruser!

AdrianWójcik

Post by AdrianWójcik » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:20 pm

I have working rules and I understand how it works. At the beginning I used the original application. I was not happy with it. I'm currently using all 4 hue.

I don't know how to do this in all 4 hue:
1. Sensor snooze
2. Automatic updating of currently used scene for motion sensor after changing it via GH ("Store light state to scene" I need a trigger ;) )

AdrianWójcik

Post by AdrianWójcik » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:52 pm

3. turn on/off motion sensor via GH